Wednesday, October 17, 2012

An Analysis of Je'kob's song "Love Is All"



 “Love Is All” by Je’kob comes in strong by resonating a theme about a universal paradigm of love that forges a truth that many seem to not understand in our culture today. This is a basic need he says that, “love is the answer” [to] “everything.” He goes on to challenge the political sides to come together and be “equal” in reaching the world by saying, “I don’t care where you’re at.” It has been a long time since I have heard such a song that reminds me of the old style of Michael Jackson, in trying to bring various ethnic, political, denominational backgrounds together.  He talks about building relationships to help solve the gap of the lack of love found in our culture. If more people understood the message in this song, we would have a better grasp as to how to help and understand each other better.





LYRICS:
Love is everlasting
Love is only kind
Love is always patient
Love will blow your mind
If you let it oh x4
Go on and give it to em , I'm gonna give it to em
Gonna make sure that you all know that we can change this place
Love it the answer, open your heart do something for someone and that's a good start
Love, love is all we need
We find that, we find everything
And so to republicans and to the democrats I don't care who you are I don't care where you're at
As long as your breathing now my brotha mi casa su casa my mama your mama
All two dashes, we call that equal
White or brown skinned (your all my people yeah)
I break for revolution I know you what to rise up (rise up)
That colorizing is gonna divide up (divide us)
And hates gonna try us (try us)
And hates gonna fight us (fight us)
But hate can ignite us
Love is everlasting
Love is only kind
Love is always patient
Love will blow your mind
If you let it oh x4
You gotta let it ohx3
Love where do I go from here
I need something to wash away my tears
I wanna find love
I'm lookin for love
I need to find love
Where do they hide love?
We gotta just love we gotta just care even when some things in just doesn't seem fair
Never give up never you quit never say never and never won't get
The best you win em hard time you rock and roll and love letters save your soul
The best you win em hard time you rock and roll and love letters save your soul
Love is everlasting
Love is only kind
Love is always patient
Love will blow your mind
If you let it oh x4
You gotta let it ohx3
So how do we escape from inside this prison build your relations kill your religion
There's thirty-eight thousand VERSIONS of Christian twisting the words to fit how they are livin
Heaven help us live like were saved if one hand the truth and the other the grave
One hand is free and the others a slave
Love is the key to lock hate in the cage
Love is everlasting
Love is only kind
Love is always patient
Love will blow your mind
If you let it oh x4
Love is everlasting
Only kind
Always patient
Love will blow your mind
If you let it oh x4

No comments:

Post a Comment