Saturday, July 9, 2022

God Has Heard – Roe Has Fallen - Jonathan Baldwin (IHOP)

 

Written by: Jonathan Baldwin

Seventeen years ago, I was standing in front of the Supreme Court and I heard a song. I could not sing the song because I had tape over my mouth. We were praying in silence for the babies that have no voice. I ran back as quickly as I could and scratched out the lyrics for my song, “Voiceless”: And their voices will be heard in their silence Friday, the court fulfilled this word I heard from heaven that day. Six members of the court have heard the voices of the unborn even in their silence and the wicked death decree of Roe vs. Wade has finally fallen. Friday was obviously an extremely emotional day for me. I was leading worship for a friend of mine that was out of town. We were singing Psalm 46 about taking refuge in the judgments of the Lord in the midst of the chaos of a culture continuing to pursue godlessness. We went back into worship and I sang a new song Audra Lynn, Richard Town, and I have been co-writing. As the decision was being released I was singing Audra’s new chorus, “Arise Oh Judge of the earth / In Your justice show us the worth of the children / Arise Oh Judge of the earth / In Your mercy show us the worth of the babies”. We will be releasing this song soon as a single. My Life Initiatives team who had been crying out in a side room for the court ran out of the side room in joy mouthing to me that Roe had been overturned 5 to 4. We announced the decision to the room responded by cheers. I ended the prayer meeting crying out for peace for women who are in fear and are angry and feel like their rights have been taken away. I prayed for the love of God to shift our nation and for Him to meet our nation with revival. That evening, my wife and I were asked to share what we were feeling and what God was saying. We have been praying for years for the ending of abortion in Kansas City. Kansas currently guarantees the right to abortion in their constitution. In August, the voters will be voting whether to overturn that opening up the opportunity for the state to outlaw or limit abortion like other states have. Theresa shared a heartfelt exhortation to mothers that their prayers at home with their little ones really matter. We posted the video on IHOPKC’s YouTube page above. https://www.jonathantheresa.com/2022/god-heard-us-roe-has-fallen/

No comments:

Post a Comment