Thursday, December 24, 2009

Prayer for Miranda Caverley

Prayer for Miranda Caverley
Category: Life
Miranda Caverley December 23 at 6:24pm
Dear JMC Ministries Members,

It is not often that I write to ask for prayer for JMC Ministries. But we are in need especially me. Where's why...

Yesterday I woke up to what we thought was hives that had broken out on the entire right side of my body from my hip to my elbow. Today they had spread to the other side of my body and I was in pain everytime any of the welts or hives were touched.

So Jeremy took me to the doctor and we found out it is not hives but something worse. Staff infection or MRSA! Is what the doctor told me. She has put me on antibiotics and I am quarantined. Jeremy is not even allowed to sleep in the same bed with me until this clears up.

This is not the first time I have contracted MRSA/Staff when I was a nurses aid working in nursing homes 2 years ago. I got MRSA in my leg so bad, that I was hospitalized for 2 days, quarantined and hooked up to antibiotics intravenously. Then I was not allowed to come back to work for another 2 weeks after that. When you get MRSA/Staff you are more susceptible to getting it again. So this kinda is no surprise to me, but I am very confused where I may have gotten from, and haven't the fondest clue.

Of course this puts a damper on Christmas now. The only Christmas I can have is with my mom. I can't go to our families big gathering because there are young children and also I really don't want to chance giving this to anyone.

To keep the Staff infection from spreading to others I have to continually wash my hands and use hand sanitizer along with wiping everything down like door knobs, the computer keyboards that I may touch with Clorox disinfectant wipes. And of course no one can touch the bed sheets, blankets, towels, and wash cloths I may use unless they have been washed and disinfected.

So please pray for me and also Jeremy as we go through this round of sickness that has struck my body and that if it is God's will that I be healed quickly. God Bless my friends and thank you for being a part of JMC Ministries and supporting me and Jeremy.

Merry Christmas,
Miranda Caverley
JMC Ministries Co-founder



December 24 at 3:03pm by Miranda Caverley
Dear Friends,

Due to the over abundance of responses to my prayer request yesterday I am having to do a mass response. I received over 20 messages on facebook alone of those praying for me during this illness.

We posted it on Twitter and we had people calling us and retweeting our prayer request as fast as we posted it. To get more people to pray for me. Others were telling me to post my prayer request on their pages so that their friends would see, and also pray.

Today Christmas Eve I fixed my first Turkey a 15 pound one for 2 people yep we will be eating turkey for quite a while. Stuffing, biscuits, noodles and mashed potatoes. This is mine and jeremy's first Christmas in our own home and our first time cooking a Christmas dinner together.

I know through all of your prayers that the Lord blessed me with the energy to make this wonderful dinner. The infection hasn't spread to more parts of my body, but more spots have popped up where there are already spots. The antibiotics are working because I don't have the pain and burning as bad as it has been in the past 2 days. We also have some gel to put on me that has lidicain in it and it also helps with the pain and burning.

Jeremy did sleep on the couch last night but really didn't sleep because he kept checking on me to make sure I was ok through out the night. He also broke down and gave me one of my christmas presents he bought me. It was "Celtic Woman" Christmas concert on DVD I love that special and would have given Jeremy a big hug if I wasn't quarantined.

So Jeremy and I won't miss the presents mom got us my sister and brother in law are bringing our gifts over from mom and them so we will have presents to open up tomorrow morning.

Again thank you all for praying for me and supporting Jeremy and I. I'm about to tear up because it means so much to us, and it also shows us how we have made a difference for our Lord right here on Facebook "To God Be the Glory"

Merry Christmas and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment