Monday, August 30, 2010

Since I Have My Life Before Me

By Brooke Bronkowski

I'll live my life to the fullest. I'll be happy. I'll brighten up. I will be more joyful than I have ever been. I will be kind to others. I will loosen up. I will tell others about Christ. I will go on adventures and change the world. I will be bold and not change who I really am. I will have no troubles but instead help others with their troubles.

You see, I'll be one of those people who live to be history makers at a young age. Oh, I'll have moments, good and bad, but I will wipe away the bad and only remember the good. In fact that's all I remember, just good moments, nothing in between, just living my life to the fullest. I'll be one of those people who go somewhere with a mission, an awesome plan, a world-changing plan, and nothing will hold me back. I'll set an example for others, I will pray for direction.

I have my life before me. I will give others the joy I have and God will give me more joy. I will do everything God tells me to do. I will follow the footsteps of God. I will do my best!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By: Jeremy Caverley

Brooke died her freshman year in a car accident. Almost fifteen hundred people showed up to her memorial service. There were around two hundred students on their knees praying for salvation. Ushers handed out Bibles. These same Bibles were the ones Brooke had in her garage. She prayed that her friends would come to know Jesus.

As short as the fourteen years Brooke was on Earth, she was continually faithful to Jesus. In her words from her essay: "You see I'll be on of those people who live to be history makers at a young age."

The sadness that comes from the death of a loved one and the grief to follow is very hard on everyone, no matter their age. Ecclesiastes talks about their is a time for everything and the New Testament mentions that God is their even in the troubled times.

But some people live selfish lives, with those who have passed away just become a fading memory. Only the close family members if any at all show up and grieve their loss. Usually no one says anything bad about the person who has passed, but overtime the bitterness either heals or gets worse. A. W. Tozer said it best, "A man by his sin may waster himself, which to waste that which on earth is most like God. This is man's greatest tragedy and God's heaviest grief."

God tends to do things that we don't always have the answers for. This in turn during times of grief can cause people to fall from their faith and get angry at God. Blaming Him for their loss and the problems they currently face. This is something that must change. God loves all of us the same. He always has and will always be there for us no matter how far we fall away, or how many tears we cry. Jesus is still there right along with us. Calling us back into His arms. Hoping we trust in Him to carry us through.

His work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built up survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

1 Corinthians 3:13-15


This verse rings so ever true. The testing of our faith is a daily interaction with everything that comes our way. There is a time to grieve, but their is a time to heal as well.


Does Brooke's story touch your heart and make you want to endure and rise above your adverse situation today? I pray that it does and we learn to realize how unchanging God's love for us is and that we start to believe God is still in control at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment