Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Questioning

Written By: Miranda Caverley
Do you ever question yourself? I know I do. I question and ask myself (God too) "am I really making a difference in the people who are in my life?"

You have no idea how many times I ask myself that question. Sometimes I feel that I am a "doubting Thomas" questioning everything. Some say that is a sign of intelligence to question everything. I don't know about that. My guess is there has just been so much happen in my life, that has made me feel that I am inadequate at times to do this whole JMC Ministries. I pray and ask God, "I don't want Jeremy and I to continue doing this ministry if you don't want us to." I even tell God that "I only want to go as far in this ministry as you want us too."

I don't ever want to lose the humility that I so desperately hold on to. For I know that without humility God cannot use me. A prideful heart will not accomplish anything for others, it will only be looking to accomplish things for itself. And that is NOT what I want.

So many doors seem to be opening up for Jeremy and I to step through and move forward as he always says for more ministry opportunities. But I only want to be able to do them if they are truly from God.

Many search for fame and fortune in this life. My goal is to do my best to share the Gospel and love of Jesus Christ to as many people as I can. With the world in chaos and confusion and so many people hurting I want to be able to show compassion and love to a hurting world. I don't want millions of dollars, expensive cars, or diamonds and jewels. I just want to be able to say at the end of my life that I made a difference and helped those in need so that maybe the world was a better place for those I was able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment