Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Judgement Day

Judgement Day
By: Miranda Caverley

I sit in my chair behind the giant desk, 
waiting for the judge to give the verdict.
Guilty or not guilty?
Quickly I pray a silent prayer to God for strength
to endure the judgement that will determine
my freedom from the prison I have found myself.

The judge enters the courtroom.
I stand, taking a deep breath
then sit back down after the judge has taken his seat. 
He shuffles through the papers, 
picks on out and reads it.
FREEDOM! NOT Guilty!

The chains and shackles are removed
I am Free!
My heart is free to love again, my soul is free 
of the darkness it has been kept in from the sunlight.
My body is free to run unrestrained from the chains,
that have held me back for far too long.

I can breathe the fresh air, 
feel the sun again on my face, that is now happy with smiles
and hope for tomorrow,
Because I am FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment