Wednesday, September 26, 2012

JMC Bytes Devotional Series:Goal


GOAL:
Philippians 3:12-14
English Standard Version (ESV)
Straining Toward the Goal
12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Hebrews 12:1-2
New Living Translation (NLT)
Hebrews 12
God's Discipline Proves His Love
 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.[a] Because of the joy[b] awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne.
Footnotes:
a. Hebrews 12:2 Or Jesus, the originator and perfecter of our faith.
b. Hebrews 12:2 Or Instead of the joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment