Saturday, July 3, 2010

Testimony From a MySpace Friend

I liked the status comments you put up yesterday about how the church has changed. I left the church just for the very reasons you listed. I was different, don't have allot of money, ( don't even own a car), was an outsider and was made to feel unwelcome and unwanted. I had been going to that church for over 20 years hoping things and people would change but they never did. It got so bad that no one would sit with us (my daughter and I) during morning worship and if I attempted to sit with someone they would either move to another seat or ( and this really happened) moved MY stuff to an empty pew.
A friend told me a while back that instead of the church changing the world the world has changed the church and I can vouch for that from first hand experience! Its become more "social" than spiritual and the messages are intended to comfort and reassure rather than to convict. Oh heaven forbid if you "offend" anyone. We had a pastor years ago that would say every Sunday "I hope you got your steel toed boots on this morning. I'm gonna step on some toes". Well those same toes kicked him out and not on a nice way either.
I don't have a very high regard for Christians right now. I have to be honest. But I know CHRIST still lives and reigns in my heart and I don't need a bunch of people to validate that, only HIS WORD! I am accepted by HIM and that's more than good enough for me. I don't need to be part of a clique or "in crowd" to know Jesus loves me.
I ain't perfect and I am the first to admit that. But what I wont do is to pretend I'm perfect just because I'm saved by HIS grace! He knows my heart and knows my shortcomings and don't condemn me for them. I just wish more Christians would follow that example instead of trying to be politically correct and unoffensive.
Anyway I just wanted to say how relevant your statuses were in MY life and how I can relate to them. I'm glad someone had the guts to speak the truth. Maybe it will wake some people. Thanks again for being real and honest enough to post those.

Please understand I have no bitterness toward my former church though. Just sadness that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been so "sanitized" by the world we live in now. I believe that even though we're saved we still need some good old fashioned preaching too. Just to keep us focused on HIM and not compromise our faith. The devil is waiting for a foothold and every turn and it doesn't take much for him to get his claws into us. I for one don't want to give him that opportunity!
Thank you so much for reading my message and for understanding my situation. Thank you again and God Bless you and your ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment